Access Statement for Whitburn Lodge Guest House
Whitburn Lodge Guest House, is committed to ensuring that people with access difficulties are able have as comfortable and enjoyable stay as possible.
- Telephone, letter and email and online availability
- Alternative format information available on request
- Large print
- Website accessibility
- Access statement available in different formats
- Information about public transport and routes, types of public transport, distance, accessibility
- Nearest shop-mobility scheme and details available on request
- Nearest equipment hire services available on request
- Locality of Radar toilets in the local town/area available on request
- Availability of accessible taxis
- Nearest parking information
- Details of suitability of rooms for guests with mobility impairment / visual / hearing impairment who are accompanied or unaccompanied – with particular emphasis on the safety of all our guests.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is no parking at the front of the building. Guests can park on the street whilst checking in. Alternative parking options are sent pre-arrival.
- There is a limited parking off-site, which must be reserved. Details of this sent pre-arrival. This parking area is tarmac. There is a slight slope from the parking bay to the road, approx 15m.
- We would be happy to assist any guest from parking/car park to entrance
- There is a door bell situated at the top of the entrance steps on the right hand side of the door about 4 feet up from the floor. Please telephone us on 01273 729005 if you need any assistance. We are happy to make arrangements with you regarding your arrival over the phone or via email prior to your stay.
- There is lighting above the front door which lights up the steps. It also helps guests to locate the door bell and the key hole. There is street lighting that lights up the front courtyard.
- There are 2 steps up to the main door into our Guest House. Unfortunately, there are currently no ramps available. The steps are 3 feet wide and a railing runs down the right and left hand sides of the steps. There are flower pots on left hand side of each step. We would be happy to move these pots for the duration of the stay of our guests who would find these obstructive.
Main Entrance and Reception Area
- We do not have an alternative entrance.
- Once through the front door there is a partially glazed inner door. However, this door will be opened by ourselves on answering the door bell. There is a coir hair mat at the door entrance then carpet covers the rest of the hallway and stairs.
- There is adequate lighting in the hall and on all the stairs
- We can provide limited assistance to our guests, but we are not able to lift.
- There is a pad / pen available on the reception desk.
- Additional keys to rooms are available on request.
- We do not have restricted opening hours. Guests are issued with a main door key along with their room key. All we ask is that guests show consideration for others during their stay with us, both in the communal areas and within their own room.
- The Reception desk is located in the kitchen through the dining room. We use a dining room table for completing registration forms, there is a seat available.
- Guest are asked to use the front door bell to attract our attention and will be shown to guests on arrival.
- The floor is level throughout entrance and reception
- We can provide water and eating bowls for service dogs on request.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The main hall is accessed through manual doors as are all the bedroom doors.
- Emergency procedures are explained on a notice on the back of each bedroom door. All guests are asked to meet at a safe distance in front of the property so that we can instantly assess whether everyone is safely out of the building. Other methods of this notice can be provided if requested.
- The house is on 5 levels and the public have access to ground, first floor, second floor and attic. The bedrooms are situated on the first, second and attic floor.
- All the flooring is carpeted including the stairs.
- Stairs have a handrail on one side, this alternates from the left hand side to the right hand side as you go up the stairs.
- We offer free access to Wi-fi. The access code can be found in the visitor information folder in each room.
- We can provide for working dogs – water bowl, food bowls can be provided on request.Dogs can be walked nearby and details of walks can be provided on request.
- Not applicable.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All rooms are ensuite.
- The fire alarm is a bell ringing. Anyone with hearing difficulties will be told face to face of any problems.
- There are TVs in all bedrooms.
- The flooring is carpeted throughout.
- There is a high ceiling light in the room plus two bedside lights either side of the double bed plus a light above the single bed. Rooms 1 and 3 also have a standard floor lamp.
- We would be happy to print any of our literature or notices in large print if requested.
- The entrance to the bedroom is level ( no steps or ramps).
- There is an electric kettle with a clear strip to show how much water is in it on the hospitality tray.
- Rooms are serviced daily.
- Staff assistance/familiarisation tour – is offered on request
- Please let us know of any allergies you have to enable us to make any necessary changes to your room.
- Please notify us if you are assisted by a dog so that we can make arrangements for it.
- Evacuation procedures are provided in all rooms.
- Louise has had training in disability awareness.
- We are happy to assist you with hiring of any equipment which would help your stay, for example, wheelchair. Guests are requested to liaise direct with the hirer regarding fees, paperwork etc.
- We are happy to accommodate working dogs who are well behaved.
- The Guest house operates a complete No Smoking policy
- We are happy to reduce background noise if requested.
- We may make reduction of charges for carers and where possible accommodate carers as close to you.
- You are welcome to store any medication or special dietary foods in our fridge providing the box is secure and clearly marked.
Local equipment hire companies:
Active Life, 01273 676208 Wheelchair hire
Clearwell Mobility www.clearwellmobility.co.uk 01273 690460 Wheelchair hire
Redgate Mobility 01273 775123 Wheelchair hire
Mobility Plus 01273 424224 Wheelchair hire
Local public transport numbers:
Brighton & Hove Bus company – firstname.lastname@example.org www.buses.co.uk 01273 886200
National Rail Enquiries: 08457 48 49 50 www.nationalrail.co.uk
Local taxi numbers:
Brighton & Hove Radio Cabs 01273 204060
Brighton and Hove Streamline 01273 202020
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us improve our services if you have any comments please phone 01273 729005 or email email@example.com.
Address: Whitburn Lodge Guest House
12 Montpelier Road
Telephone: 01273 729005